p: (207) 945 3457 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Bangor Ballet as it presents
June 1, 7:00 pm
Gracie Theatre, Husson University
June 2, 4:00 PM
Ellsworth High School
Tickets: $20.00 Adutls, $8.00 Children/Students
Tickets available at Thomas School of Dance
Sherman's Book Store in Bar Harbor
Patrick's Hallmark Shop at Broadway Shopping Center, Bangor
or call-Thomas School of Dance at 945-3457
Bangor Ballet - Dedicated to creating performance opportunities for talented dancers and choreographers and to providing high quality live dance performances for audiences near and far.
Founded in 1994 and located in the studios of Thomas School of Dance in Bangor, Maine, the company is under the artistic direction of Ivy Clear-Forrest , former Balanchine dancer and Robert Joffrey principal dancer. Dancers from all area studios are encouraged to audition for productions.
- Initial performance in November 1994 - Cinderella
- Cultural exchange and International performance of The Little Mermaid (La Petite Sirene) in Vendome, France in 2008
- Annual spring productions have included Alice in Wonderland, Swan Lake, Peter and the Wolf, Midsummer Night's Dream, Hansel and Gretel and others. The 2010 spring season featured an All Gershwin program.
- 2010 Fall season featured the new ballet "New York Concerto", choreography by Ivy Clear-Forrest
- 2011 Fall season featured "A Tribute to Balanchine", choreography by Ivy Clear-Forrest and guest artists from Maine State Ballet
- 2012 Spring shows included "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with the Bangor Symphony Orchestra, choreography by Nell Shipman and a children's favorite, "Cinderella" produced with Thomas School of Dance.
- The 2012-2013 season is full of exciting events-"Hansel and Gretel", "A Salute to the Troops", Bangor Ballet January Benefit ("Cross Pollination"), "Snow White" and the classical ballet "Swan Lake".